Situation of Women in Eritrea: Why is there such an exodus of people leaving Eritrea?
9 June 2015, 6.30-8.30pm
House of Commons, Committee Room 3
Meeting hosted by Baroness Jenny Jones Baroness of Moulsecoomb, and chaired by Lul Seyoum (Founder and Executive Director of International Centre for Eritrean Refugees and Asylum Seekers ICERAS)
Other speakers include:
- Mrs. Khedijah Ali Mohammed-Nur and Dr. Sarah Ogbay Asfaha (WILPF-UK and Network Eritrean Women)
- Mr Jeremy Corbyn MP
- Alex Jackson, Amnesty International Country Co-ordinator for Eritrea
- Miss Helen Kidan, WILPF-UK and Network Eritrean Women
Attendance is free but please register due to limited space.
Region's Summer Council
Global Warming - Surely there must be a Law against it!
27 June 2015, 1.30-5.00pm
Resource for London (356 Holloway Road, London N7 6PA (map)
In addition to addressing Region business, the meeting will ask can the Law regulate the effects of Climate Change; and will discuss the environmental and human rights implications of global warming and possible legal solutions.
- Peter Greaves, Nutritionist (MAFF, FAO, UNICEF);
- Nicola Peart Assistant Legal Counsel, Permanent Court of Arbitration, The Hague
- Stephen Hockman QC Honorary President of UNA London and SE Region and advocate of an International Court for the Environment
- Alison Williams (Merton UNA)
Attendance is free. All welcome.
LaSER 25 Published
Hot off the press in this LaSER:
We read about the Region's Spring Council which concluded successfully on 7th March. In addition:
- Readers shared their views in Emails to the Editor
- Branches reported on their General Election Hustings meetings and other activities
- Neville Grant reviewed - Kolade’s Canons 2: Business & Economy, Nation-Building, Ethics
- Westminster UNA reported on the 13th Ruth Steinkraus-Cohen International Law Lecture; and invites you to join their their Vienna study tour
- Jane Grant reported on the WILPF 2015 Conference
- The Region calls on members to support UNA-UK's Foreign Policy Manifesto
Copy date for LaSER 26 is 3 October 2015. We look forward to receiving reports and hearing from you.