London & SE Region Spring Council: 7 March 2-5pm|
Join us to review the Region's business and listen to Mr Eitan Na'eh (Deputy Ambassador Embassy of Israel), Michael Kearney and representative from the Palestine Mission to discuss "How should HMG contribute to a Sustainable Solution for Israel/Palestine Issues?"
Venue: Resource for London, 356 Holloway Road, London N7 6PA
Your Views Please
The Region is seeking your feedback on the following two issues, in order to input into UNA Policy Conference in May.
VOTE: "Boycotts, Divestment and Sanction" for Israel/Palestine
VOTE: Should liberal democracies adapt and change or should other cultures and faiths adapt?
In LaSER 24, Neville put forward his personal views on freedom of expression, individual responsibilities and multi-culturalism. Click HERE to vote.
Please vote by 28 February 2015.
LaSER 24 Published
Hot off the press in the first LaSER in 2015:
- We learn more about the Region's new Chair, Catherine Pluygers, and Tunbridge Wells UNA.
- Westminster UNA chronicled the re-opening of the inquiries in the death of Dag Hammarskjöld, and said it is time for transparency for all top UN appointments.
- Look back at the life of Helen Bamber OBE (Region's President 2003-2004)
- Ask Est-ce-que Je Suis Charlie?
- Consider the arguments for and against the BDS strategy
Don't miss the two funding opportunities for husting meetings (from UNA-UK) and more general UN-related projects (London & SE Region Trust).
Copy date for LaSER 25 is 30 April 2015. We look forward to receiving reports and hearing from you.